Welcome to the power- and colorful world of BITE premium features!
This page replaces our previous Secret Menu page.
CONFIGURATOR - BELLS & WHISTLES - SHOP:
WHAT IS WHAT ON BITE.GUITARS?
Our CONFIGURATOR serves you the world's most popular bass choices as conveniently as possible. You enjoy immediate ordering. Build your bass online, add it to the cart and proceed through checkout. Over a billion different basses, in and out in 3 minutes. You also enjoy affordable prices below market standards, worldwide delivery as well as short delivery times. Your custom bass will generally arrive at your doorstep within a few weeks. We have developed a special production process which can make all of this happen.
Our digital and modular production process has its limitations. An online configurator can never handle all possible bells & whistles. They need a bit of interaction for precise specification. That's why we serve them here in, well, BELLS & WHISTLES. As your premium wishes generally will require extra work from us, you'll find non-exhaustive lists of upcharges in here. Stated prices are indicative and can vary depending on the amount of work required. We always try to give you the best pricing packages.
Finally, our SHOP has a number of preconfigured basses on offer: rebuild proposals, ready-made and discounted models.
HOW TO ORDER BELLS & WHISTLES
- Build your bass in the CONFIGURATOR as far as available options allow, then hit ASK US A QUESTION.
- Tell us your premium wishes either in the ASK US A QUESTION form or send us a mail to email@example.com. We'll get back to you to make sure everyone has a clear understanding of specifications and pricing.
- We will send you a non-binding proforma invoice listing all specifications, shipping details and payment instructions for your approval. BELLS & WHISTLES payment options comprise bank transfer, VISA, Master and Sofort/Klarna. For bank transfer payments from outside the Euro Area, we recommend Transferwise (pay to firstname.lastname@example.org), they grant the most favorable exchange rate and fees are next to nothing.
- Once we have received your payment, your order will be confirmed and we'll set to work.
Prices include 20% VAT. For orders from the USA or other countries outside the EU, export prices without VAT apply. To obtain your export price, simply divide our EU price by 6, then multiply with 5. Feel free to immedately divide by 1,2 if you're mathematically well versed.
SPECIAL BODY COLORS
Pick your individual body color from over 200 poly finishes. Unicolor upcharge +240€ (+200€ net of VAT), burst upcharge +300€ (+250€ net of VAT). Those are just the standard RAL colors, many more colors are available, but be reminded that screen colors always differ from screen to screen, let alone from the physical thing. If you need your bass matched to your 1987 Volvo or any such idea, talk to us.
From the production point, lefthand means that necks, bodies and pickguards differ from our 4-string righthand standard. This means we cannot apply our regular modular production process to lefthand basses. Instead, we build them individually and awfully regret that we have to price them accordingly.
BUILDING & PRICING YOUR LEFTHAND BASS:
Build a righthand bass in the configurator, then hit ASK US A QUESTION and write "lefty" in the comment area or just write us a mail altogether.
+ 420€ (+350€ net of VAT) flat lefthand upcharge
+ Pickguard price: The choice of pickguard colors for lefthand basses differs from our 4-string righthand standard colors. Select your color in our shop for Punch or Jawbone and deduct any selected righthand configurator pickguard price.
Our fretless neck is made from amber-vintage tinted hard maple and has a black locust fretboard. Available variants: neck profile C or D, nut width 38,1 or 41,9 mm, lined or unlined. Standard fretless options:
A) Unlined: Black locust, no fret lines, no fretboard markers, side dots on the fret positions #3-5-7-9-12-15-17-19: + 300€ (+250€ net of VAT).
B) Lined: Black locust, fret lines colored light or black, no fretboard markers, side dots in standard positions (centered between the frets #3-5-7-9-12-15-17-19): +360€ (+300€ net of VAT).
C) Lookalike fretted: Black locust, fret lines colored light or black, fretboard markers white dots in standard positions (centered between the frets #3-5-7-9-12-15-17-19), side dots in standard positions (centered between the frets #3-5-7-9-12-15-17-19): + 120€ (+100€ net of VAT).
Other options available on request.
30" SHORT SCALE
Our 30" shorty comes at no extra cost. Its neck is made from amber-vintage tinted hard maple, it sports a black locust & pearl dots fretboard, 38,1 mm nut width and C neck profile. Build a long scale bass in the configurator, hit ASK US A QUESTION and write "short scale" in the comment area or just write us a mail altogether.
Sometimes we receive pretty crazy build requests that make us go 'hmmm'. We are always eager to try out new ideas and in most cases we also have the digital and artisanal means to turn them reality. However, such exceptional builds take up disproportional amounts of time and resources that we, alas, need to be compensated for. You're welcome to mail us your build ideas, the more concrete, the better. Send us pics, drawings, spec sheets, whatever, and we'll get back to you with a first cost estimate.
SPECIAL NECK OPTIONS
Our standard neck has a C profile, short headstock and black-rimmed silver logo. Matching the headstock top to your body color comes at an upcharge of +180€ (150€ net of VAT).
We also offer D profile necks with a variety of options: standard short or long headstock, standard silver or orange logo, matching color. Upcharges depend on your individual combination of choices.
Here we're talking about an endless sea of possibilities. Our digital techniques span printing, lasering, inlays, decals and textile wrapping as well as spray painting with stencils. We also offer highly artistic spray painting by hand which takes years of training.
Each of our artwork techniques has its own possibilities and restrictions but, roughly speaking, we can say this:
- We can apply pretty much any custom design in high-resolution photo quality.
- We can embellish body, pickguard and pickups, often seamlessly across all levels.
- Those underlying surfaces can be of any available color, not just white.
- Some techniques work only on the top surface, while others can be applied all around your bass, in 360 degrees.
- If you have some vague design idea but don't quite know where to start, talk to us. It's easier than you think.
- Another good place to start on your ultimate individual bass design are stock providers of graphics and images, such as dreamstime or shutterstock.
- In many cases it will be quite easy for us to alter such motifs so that they suit your purpose.
- In many cases we can work with both, image files (such as jpg or png) or vector files (such as pdf, ai or eps).
Pricing largely depends on the amount of work we need to put in, we give you some rough ranges below.
|Description||EU price (incl. VAT)||Export price (excl. VAT)|
|Body only||€ 100 - € 200||€ 83 - 167|
|Pickguard only||€ 98,00||€ 81,67|
|Pickup(s) only||€ 98,00||€ 81,67|
|Body + pickguard||€ 150 - 300||€ 125 - 250|
|Body + pickup(s)||€ 150 - 300||€ 125 - 250|
|Body + pickguard + pickup(s)||€ 180 - 380||€ 150 - 317|
We can engrave subjects like your scanned signature or pretty much any other design. Just ask us, we are happy to give you instructions.
Neck Plate Engraving
|Description||EU price (incl. VAT)||Export price (excl. VAT)|
|Custom neck plate||€ 38,00||€ 31,67|