How to Build Your BITE Custom Bass, Order & Pay
On bite.guitars you enjoy immediate ordering: Build your custom bass in our CONFIGURATOR, add to cart and proceed through our secure online checkout. Over a billion different basses, in-and-out in 3 minutes. We build fast, ship worldwide and ship insured. Your bass will generally arrive at your doorstep within a few weeks, we carry the risk of damage or loss until safe delivery.
Our record passive 1000-millivolt high-output sound will bite through your band mix, our precise build quality is second to none and our prices are as affordable as custom will ever get. We apply a special modular build process which combines digital manufacturing with luthier handwork. Get first-hand impressions from other customers on our ratings page and sound impressions on our Youtube channel.
An online configurator can never handle all possible build ideas clients may have. That's why we serve clickable additions in MORE OPTIONS and also offer interactive specification via proforma invoice. Below you'll find a complete overview of everything related to ordering your individual BITE bass. Please note that any additions beyond configurator choices are likely to extend your delivery period.
Still having questions? Drop us a line to email@example.com.
Our CONFIGURATOR asks you to make 16 decisions, one for each component, starting from the bass model at the top all the way down to the strings. Each component gives you between 2 and 26 options to choose from. And our CONFIGURATOR is quite complacent, too. You can breeze through the components orderly, one after another, or jump around at will.
Any component you skip will remain at the pre-set default option but here's another piece of good news for you: Regrets? Made bad choices? The BITE configurator does not tattoo nor marry you. You can always jump back in time by hitting any component to change your mind. Have fun, go bananas!
As you proceed and scroll down in desktop view, the image of your custom bass will miniaturize to clear space on the screen but you can always jump back up to enjoy the full size view by hitting the VIEW XXL BASS tab or scrolling up manually.
At the bottom of the CONFIGURATOR you'll find several choices:
ADD & GO TO CART
RESET: sets the bass back to default configuration, same as hitting your browser's refresh button
ASK US A QUESTION: sends your current configuration to us and gives you a text box to ask a specific question about it
DOWNLOAD PDF: allows you to store your configuration locally or print it
MAIL PDF: e-mail your configuration
SHARE: share your configuration on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest. The SHARE button hosts another hidden feature: it generates a unique URL for your configuration. Copy it and whenever you paste it into a browser, your configuration will pop up out of nowhere. A pretty cool way to save or share your build.
As your additions in most cases will require extra work from us, you often will be directed to the relevant upcharge page in our SHOP. How to order: Build your bass in the CONFIGURATOR as far as available options allow, add your bass to cart, then click on your required MORE OPTIONS addition, add also to cart and proceed through our secure online checkout.
- Build your bass in the CONFIGURATOR as far as available options allow, then hit the blue ASK US A QUESTION button.
- Tell us your ideas either in the ASK US A QUESTION form or send us a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll get back to you to make sure we have a clear understanding of your build idea. Ordering via proforma invoice is frequently used in cases where a customer prefers individual hardware or accessories which are not specifically offered on bite.guitars.
Basically, we are happy to source any hardware and accessories under the sun for you. We just need to make sure that we can get it from a reliable source, dimensions fit and the quality is up to our standard. We source such one-off items at consumer prices that we need to pass on to you including shipping costs, possibly import charges and a small handling fee for the whole process.
- We will send you a non-binding proforma invoice listing all specifications and shipping details for your consideration. If you approve, we expect your kind payment either by bank transfer or we'll send you a payment link for our secure online checkout.
- As soon as we have received your payment, we will confirm your order and set to work.
Generally we are eager to try out new ideas, even exotic ones such as 6-string high-pitched basses also known as 'guitars'. In most cases we have the digital and artisanal means to turn such ideas reality, but sometimes they would take up disproportional amounts of time and resources so that we're rather happy to refer you to other builders. Ask us anyway, requests are always welcome!
- Test a BITE Bass: You're not sure what to expect from a BITE custom bass? The build quality? The 1000 millivolt sound? Test a bass of another happy BITE owner worldwide, visit us in our manufactory in Vienna, or have a test bass delivered to your doorstep in Europe.
- More Configurator Options: Here you'll find basically all clickable additions of our MORE OPTIONS page.
- Preconfigured Basses: We have a number of rebuild proposals on offer to give you build ideas, on occasion we also put discounted ready-made basses up for sale.
- Parts Shop: Here you can hand-pick all our original parts for modifying, pimping or repairing your BITE bass. BITE is a relatively new bass brand, our parts shop gives you the security that you can buy replacement parts if needed. We often get purchase requests for pickups or necks but we regret that parts shop items are reserved for our bass customers. If you own a BITE bass, we're happy to sell you one additional set of 1000mV pickups + pertaining harness for upgrading another bass in your collection. Digital body art sold to the USA is produced by fully US-eligible technical means.
- Bags & Cases: Add a bag or case to your order. Note that any bag or case larger than our 15mm padded premium gig bag will require a larger shipping box and therefore increase shipping costs.
- Shipping & Info Options include Greenlighting (your OK for dispatch), Hold For Pickup (at a parcel shop near you) and Send Me Making-Of Pics (we keep you informed during the build via WhatsApp).
- Not For You: Just don't.
Add your custom bass in our CONFIGURATOR and possibly your addition in our SHOP to cart, then go to cart to review your purchase. From the cart you proceed to checkout. Here you will be required to insert your name, delivery and shipping address. Now you will be shown your price adjusted for VAT and shipping costs, which you can also check here in advance.
Select one of the following payment options:
CAN I GET A DISCOUNT? - Probably yes, you have two shots:
1. Modification: Sometimes a small change in your configuration means a big ease for our manufacturing. Some parts we have on stock, others we don’t. Some CNC drawings are ready, others are not. Let us propose a modification. Less work for us means a better price and a faster build time for you.
2. Endorsement: Are you a performing bassist? Write us in the order notes box below what you could do for us, include your socials, tour dates with venue sizes, media coverage.
Hit BUY NOW for a request without any commitment. We’ll have a look at your build and get back to you.
RISK-FREE DUMMY ORDER: This is your trial option in case you’re still having doubts. Hit BUY NOW and exactly nothing will happen legally: no purchase obligation, no online payment. We’ll have a look at your build and get back to you. You’re also welcome to write any questions in the order notes box.
BANK TRANSFER: We will mail you an order confirmation including our bank details. Please transfer the invoice amount to our bank account, your order will be reserved for 7 days. For bank transfer payments from outside the Euro Area, we recommend wise.com (pay to email@example.com). They grant the most favorable exchange rate, and fees are next to nothing. We accept payments in euro, US dollar, British pound, Canadian dollar, Australian dollar, New Zealand dollar, Hungarian forint, Romanian leu, Singapore dollar and Turkish lira.
CREDIT/DEBIT CARD: We accept Visa and Euro/Mastercard.
SOFORT/KLARNA: You will be directed automatically to your online banking account and can complete payment with your familiar online banking credentials. Your credentials will not be disclosed to us.
PAYPAL: PayPal is an online payment service that allows you to pay at online stores safely, easily, quickly and for free. Safe: Your bank or credit card details are stored only on PayPal. Therefore, they are re-sent over the internet during an online shopping transaction. Simple: Pay in two clicks. Because you rely on your deposit or credit card data stored with PayPal, credit card information is never shared during any subsequent purchase. Fast: PayPal payments are quick. Sign up for a PayPal account at www.paypal.com, link your bank account or credit card to your PayPal account, and you can pay with PayPal.
Alternatively, you can also carry out the entire purchase via e-mail instead of our online tools. Send us your build idea and we'll take it from there. You can pay by bank transfer or we'll send you a payment link for our secure online checkout.
By hitting the BUY NOW button, you make a legally binding purchase request.
Please note that the delivery period kicks in only after we confirm receipt of your full payment.
If you are located in the EU (European Union), you will see our prices including 20% Austrian VAT (Value Added Tax). If you are located in the USA, UK or other country outside the EU, you'll enjoy cheaper net export prices without VAT and will be shown prices accordingly.
Sometimes, the geo-functionality that shows you your prices depending on your location does not work due to cache or browser settings. However, as soon as you enter your full delivery address at checkout, your price will be adjusted for VAT and displayed correctly (including EU-OSS VAT rules).
See detailed information about VAT, import charges and shipping costs.