We get quite some questions from bassists suspecting a secret menu full of lefties, fivers, thinner frets, fatter frets, more frets, no frets at all … it’s a long list. Well, you aren't exactly wrong. We actually do offer specials that are not or not yet included in our configurator:
Special neck plate engravings
We can engrave things like your scanned signature or other designs. Just ask us, we are happy to provide instructions.
Special body artwork
We can apply any custom design on your body in high-resolution photo quality. As is the case with our own body art, the artwork will be applied through a state-of-the-art digital transfer technology, those ain't no stickers. We just advise a little caution. Take a coser look at our own body art in the configurator or picture gallery. The surface area available for artwork is rather small and oddly shaped, so the result may be far from that cool square beach photo you imagine on your bass body. Ask us anyway, we are happy to provide instructions and pricing, which largely depends on the amount of graphics work we need to put in.
As is the case with custom printed pickguards in our configurator, keep in mind that your content does not violate the rights of third parties or any laws and that we reserve the right to refuse production.
Special body finish
- Not happy with our configurator choices? Gotta be Lake Placid Blue, Fiesta Red or some such choice? Ask us about a special PU body color.
- Not a friend of endlessly durable high-gloss PU finish at all? Ask us about an oiled finish. Body art is not available on non-PU finishes.
Special Pickup & Wiring Configurations
- Two pickups are not enough? We'll install PJJ or JJJ for you without flinching an eye!
- Parallel wiring not loud enough? We'll get you that parallel/series switch on board.
- In-phase wiring too fat? Consider an in/out-of-phase switch for that twangy out-of-phase sound done.
- Steplessly variable tone pot too much of a blind flight? You can have a C-switch for stepwise tone control.
Switches anyone? The Guitar Summit Special Jawbone Steampunk sports a 5-way selectable PJJ pickup configuration (JJ, PJ, J bridge, J neck, P neck), in/out-of-phase switch, parallel/series switch, and a 5-way Helmuth Lemme C-switch at the tone pot. Oh, and lest we forget an on-board weather station including a thermometer and a hygrometer. This bass occupied center stage in the workshop held by BITE Guitars at the Guitar Summit 2019 on "Sound Shaping Through Pickup Modifications".
All modifications need to be discussed and priced individually, just tell us your ideas.
As much as we would LOVE to make everyone else happy too, it is quite a challenge to offer over a billion configurations already. So please bear with us, we hope we can widen our range in the future.